Tuesday, April 9, 2013

When Faith & Fear Collide

Well...it's almost time!! We have officially finished all the necessary adoption paperwork to adopt our precious little boy from China! All we are waiting on is our TA-Travel Approval now!

 Where has this year gone?!? At times...it has seemed like it would never pass. But today, as we stare about 3-4 weeks in the future...we will be a family of SIX! Our minds cannot fathom the greatness of God.  How HE got us here..and where HE is leading us! We are just so grateful that we said YES...and didn't let the negative "What ifs?" deter us from stepping out in faith.

This last week has been an incredible challenge for me (Buffi) personally.  I have felt pressure all around me. Mainly mental pressure.  The enemy sure knows where to come at you...doesn't he? What is it with women and fear or worry?!? GEESH!

For real, my husband has banned me from watching the news.  I'm TRYING not to read it either.  But information slips out there.  As we begin this amazing journey of faith to China in a very few weeks...my mind has been bombarded with thoughts of worry and fear.  Aside from the thoughts of how adding another child to our family will change our family dynamic...the thoughts of how this world seems to be FULL of instability and uncertainty come to the forefront of my mind.

But you know...I can choose worry and fear and look at the instability of foreign relations, the flu epidemic in China, the airplane safety over and back, or the potential for terrorism or natural disasters. If I did that...it would stress myself completely out. Instead, I can choose FAITH and know that the spirit of fear does NOT come from God (Timothy 1:7 NLT).  That there is no need to be afraid...that  he is with us to guard us and protect us. (Jeremiah 1:8 ).

In the Scriptures Christ told us, "I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid." John 14:27 NLT - HIS gift to us is peace of mind and heart, I shouldn't be troubled or afraid!

I don't have to fear bad news, I can confidently trust in the Lord to care and protect us! (Psalm 112:7 NLT)
And I know these things...not only because His Word tells me...but because as our daughter reminds me daily...God has a special plan for us and for Shepard and they are GOOD plans, not to harm us but to give us hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

So these next 2-3 weeks as we prepare to travel...I'm not going to be asking myself  fearfully - "What if this happens....or what if that happens" .... but I will be saying "what if I say YES and step out in faith...what amazing things is God going to do?!?"

So at this part of our journey...where our faith collides with fear...I choose Faith! 

Thank you all SO MUCH for continued support and prayers. They mean the world to us all!!  Please continue to pray for good ticket prices and provision for those tickets!! We will keep you posted on when we leave and all the details!! Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Buffi

No comments:

Post a Comment